Saturday 10 August 2013

TRAVEL TIPS | WHEN TIMES GET TOUGH, LOOK FOR THE SILVER LINING

Looking through my blog, I've noticed that some of my posts aren't as upbeat as I'd like [this one in particular]. I recently come across this quote - "Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit, talk about your joys." - and so I thought I'd look for the good in the bad.

  1. I hated my job in Perth for a Sales and Marketing company BUT... I met some of the most amazing people and life long friends. I got to travel to Bunbury, Albany and Geraldton, which I may not have done otherwise. I gained so much confidence and learnt about the importance of body language. I tried something new. I have a new job type to add to my CV.
  2. This same job left me broke BUT... I learnt how to budget and stretch my money further. I discovered the true meaning of generosity. Somehow, there is always money for cheap beer and goon. I rekindled my love for wondering around supermarkets, even if it was to look for the cheapest food. I realised that I spend a lot of money on things I don't really need.
  3. My health took a bashing BUT... I now know I'm allergic to wool. I have felt the importance of fruit and vegetables. I have learnt to take my anaemia more seriously. I have experienced a visit to the doctors in a different country, so I won't be as worried if it happens again. I have mastered the art of peeing in to a pot.
  4. I hated my job in Coober Pedy for an Opal Mine and Museum BUT... I got to learn about opals. I got to buy opals with an awesome discount. I learnt a bit about mining. I got to experience working underground. I got over my fear of talking in front of large groups of people. I will be featured in a programme on the BBC, hitting your screens in September. I tried something new. I have a new job type to add to my CV. I got to save a massive amount of money. I met a great, life long friend.
  5. Boys have hurt my feelings BUT... They were good friends at one point. I have many happy memories with them. I didn't hide away from my feelings, like I usually would. Life is about learning from your mistakes. I learnt a little more about myself. I reminded myself that I can leave if I don't like a situation, I don't have to put up with bullshit.

Whilst travelling, you will experience so much more then if you were at home. I won't lie, sometimes is can be tough. But there is always a silver lining to every situation, no matter how hard you have to look for it.

 

[For more Travel Tips; click here]

 

8 comments:

  1. ah your blog really does help me in getting prepared for travels! Ed keeps saying to me how i might not enjoy nz but im just like what ever happens i will find the best out of it all. And I can't wait to experience new things and do new things i would NEVER do in England!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to have the best time! I can't wait to read your NZ posts :)

      Delete
  2. This post is lovely!! I know how you feel about getting really wrapped up in talking about the negatives - but every day I do my gratitude list and it always gives me a 180 on my mood!!!
    Loving reading about your travels lady!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola :) feeling much better about everything now! xx

      Delete
  3. Great post Emma! Awww, I wish I could give you a hug. :) I should always remember to look on the brighter side of life, I am sometimes a hopeless pessimistic. :( X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Yes, you do learn something from every experince, even the ones that aren't that great!

    Hope you're having a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can :) I love it! Thank you for your comment! Going to check out your blog now :)

      Delete